HIS Radeon HD 5750 IceQ+, good or bad choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayRay

hi

I got have got a new system with:
mobo: gigabyte ga-ma785gt-ud3h
8gb ram
amd phenom x4 945 3.0Ghz
650watt psu
screen with 1920x1080p

the integrated video card on the mobo isn't any good for gaming even some visual fx on FL9 are bad, and these games is what i want to play

fallout 3
far cry 2
assasins creed 2
some tom clancy games
and older games

Is the HIS Radeon HD 5750 IceQ+ a good choise for a semi entusiast gamer?
it cost 149$ at newegg.com

The HD 5750 will perform fine. However, the HD 5770 would be a better buy being only a few dollars more.

Rit is right, go with a 5770 it's a much better buy for you. You could go for the IceQ version as well but it'll be more then a standard 5770.

thanks
but, I thought Ritwik suggested the 5770 IceQ and that is the one i'm saving up to now.
No fence Relic
I appriciate you're post as well as Ritwik's.

RayRay said:
but, I thought Ritwik suggested the 5770 IceQ and that is the one i'm saving up to now.

I'm not sure but it seems that Relic and myself both suggested the same HD 5770 to you. A standard HD 5770 will perform better than your HD 5750 IceQ. I don't think that there's much benefit in purchasing the IceQ version of the HD 5770 as the card runs decently cool on a stock cooler.

Relic said:
You could go for the IceQ version as well but it'll be more then a standard 5770.

Absolutely agree.

is the standard 5770 the best purchase for me?

I would say so. The IceQ version is slightly overclocked and about $30 more expensive than the standard. The Powercolor HD 5770 PCS+ would be a good choice if you're looking to get a factory OC'd model. It costs $159.99.

i did some research and here's the sites:

http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=233#Specification
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-503.shtml

added these just in case i forgot something.

Compare to the specs between the powercolor 5770 PCS+ and His 5770 stock:

powercolor HD 5770 PCS+
core clock speed: 875Mhz
memory clock speed: 4.9Gbps

his HD 5770 stock
core clock speed: 850Mhz
memory clock speed: 4.8Gbps

where i'm gonna buy a video card the powercolor is a litte bit cheaper, and as you can see the core and memory clock speed is is a litte bit higher.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back