Homeworld 2 won't run

Hey all, new to techspot

Posting on behalf of hubby as he is busy at work.

We bought Homeworld 2 for PC not long ago, it installed ok.

Playing it on the other hand just doesn't happen. When you open the game to play it, the screen turns black for a few seconds like it's about to start up but then it just flashes back to the desktop and thats it.

I have read the other post on here 'Homeworld 2 for the PC won`t run', very similar to our problem but we are not on a laptop.

Could it be the same problem the poster (igles) had?
To copy and paste from reply poster 'mail pup'
"...your integrated graphics ... does not support transform and lighting which Homeworld 2 requires. Without T & L support, it won't run."

I'm not sure what info is needed, so I haven't posted anything.

Just let me know if you need to know anything.

Cheers

What are your PC's specifications and what operating system are you using?

Ok, so hubby checked and he did have Catalyst 10.2. He uninstalled it and then installed Catalyst 9.3 from your link.
Unfortunately the game still does the same thing.
Any ideas?

Yes, the 1.1 patch.
Could it be the same problem the poster (igles) had?
I don't think so because he had an integrated and inadequate graphics. You have a separate graphics card and it seems to meet the minimum requirements.

One of my old PCs has an AGP Radeon 9600 graphics card and Windows XP. Maybe I'll install the game and see what happens.

Update: I installed Homeworld 2 and the patch on the PC mentioned above and it went smoothly. I had no problem starting the game.

Try uninstalling the game through Add or Remove Programs and reinstall it all over again. If it wants to install its version of DirectX 9, let it.

Back