Hosting several sites on one account

By lopdog
Jul 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi!

First of all, I don´t know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought I´d give it a try...

Anyways, I´m about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I don´t need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? I´m going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesn´t matter. I´m new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 11,128   +982

3. lopdog

lopdog TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 295

Well, that link was more of a technical answer, but after reading the Hostgator TOS a second time and looking through their forum I found out that the answer is yes. They allow unlimited domains (that's a lot, I wonder if it's true...) on one account, as long as you don't resell the hosting service:
    I find it curious though, that their baby-plan includes unlimited diskspace and unlimited bandwith, and the (much more expensive) reseller plan has limits (50GB diskspace, 500GB bandwith).