Hot even though fan is clean

I seem to be running hot for no good reason. .The fan spins but simply doesn't go into high gear and spin faster as my laptop gets hotter.

The fan is clean as a whistle, there isn't anything to stop it from going faster, but it just doesn't. I don't keep it on the bed, couches or whatever other objects people like to put theirs on. This is simply that the fan isn't kicking into HIGH SPEED.

The fan pretty much just idles at the same LOW speed regardless of how hot or cold the laptop has gotten.

I have gone under power management and into cooling options and set them all to ACTIVE. .My BIOS don't give me any access to fans. .SpeedFan doesn't support me I guess since it doesn't see any fans, and neither do any other fan control programs out there.

Does anybody have any ideas ? ? I am running Windows 7 64-bit and laptop just reaches temps of 70-80 Celsius like its nothing. Everything is up to date. I have a hard time keeping it under 75 Celsius with a cooling pad.

I have set them all to active, for every profile actually, and the fan is still not kicking in to go faster.

And the thing is that I know that it can go faster because it did go fast 1 time but it was pulsing fast to slow repeatedly in seconds to the point where I had to restart the laptop in case something was wrong. .

But other than that it has never pumped up it's speed to match the heat of the laptop

Have you tried to download the latest drivers from MSI?
Maybe there is a BIOS update available as well.

I found that there is a BIOS update, but everybody keeps telling me not to do it, as the risk to kill my laptop is so high since the procedure is so tedious and dangerous

Back