House Party and Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

superty12

I recently tried to install The Sims 2 House Party and The Sims 2 Vacation, but they couldn't find The Sims 2. It's installed on D. Does anybody know what I need to do?

Did you direct the expansions or w/e to D? Did you try to completely reinstall Sims 2 and try from there?

It's been a while but from what I gathered you installed them on different partitions. So simple uninstall then reinstall all of them on the same partition e.g. Sims 2 + House Party + Vacation on D or whatever partition you want to use.

There's 2 options.

1) Uninstall all Sims games and install them on C, including the two expansions you're having trouble with.

2) When you install the expansions direct them to your D drive, there should be a little box that says "Easy setup, custom setup" or a box with something like C:\EA\The Sims 2 or something along those lines. If it's easy/custom setup choose custom and type "D:\" and find where your other sims games are on that drive. Install it there, I'm not too sure because I don't have access to your drive.

D:\EA\The Sims\The Sims 2

Can't

I can't do any of those. 1. I don't have enough space on C. 2. When you put House Party or Vacation in, it automaticly checks. No user input is possible.

If you don't have enough space there is little we can do to help. Sims 2 appears to be around 3 gbs in size installed and the expansions about the same. It'll be up to you to manage your hard drive and figure out what to keep or just buy an external drive to help out.

Edit:

Hmm...alright while looking up the size of The Sims I ran into something that might interest you. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier...I don't play the Sims or follow what's going on with it. Anyway, in your first post you say you tried to install The Sims 2 House Party & Vacation but couldn't. It turns out that House Party and Vacation are expansions for The Sims the original one from 2000 and NOT The Sims 2 from 2004. So if you have The Sims 2 and are trying to get these expansions to work they WONT as they are two different games. However if you just made a typo and are using the original sims, my previous suggestion still stands.

It may benefit you to invest in a external harddrive, or free some space and manually take your Sims 2 files over to C.

I'm sure there's an option to redirect installation to C, I'll install my S2 games now since I haven't put them on my new machine yet and tell you.

EDIT: I've installed The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, after entering the product key it had this screen "http://i40.tinypic.com/2v1rrb8.jpg" I selected Advanced User and put where I wanted this to install. It does this for all Sims 2 games and expansions.

I suggest you uninstall the Sims 2 + expansions and reinstall them to D. But direct them to D.

So for example in the "select directory" box I would put "D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe" If you don't have Double Deluxe then just put whatever game you have. EG: EA GAMES\The Sims 2.

Same for expansions \EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University *or whatever expansion*

I don't have 2 Hard Drives so I'm not sure if D has a Program Files folder. If it does, do the above, if not then I suggest you look at where the games are installed now and put them in the same place when you re-install.

Edit:

Hmm...alright while looking up the size of The Sims I ran into something that might interest you. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier...I don't play the Sims or follow what's going on with it. Anyway, in your first post you say you tried to install The Sims 2 House Party & Vacation but couldn't. It turns out that House Party and Vacation are expansions for The Sims the original one from 2000 and NOT The Sims 2 from 2004. So if you have The Sims 2 and are trying to get these expansions to work they WONT as they are two different games. However if you just made a typo and are using the original sims, my previous suggestion still stands.
Interesting. I was told they were for The Sims 2. Must have been a mistake. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back