How can I disable bellsouth parental control

cableman

This popup comes up repeatedly and won't let me hardly do anything. Just picked up this computer and it is running windows xp home edition but no info on a password. I am not a kid trying to get around the controls. I have been a member of this site for a long time. Can someone please help?

These items are under the control of the system Admin, unless you refer to controls within the router.

Using the Physical Access rule (if you have physical access, then you are assumed to have authority).
- - - RESET the router.

I have several computers on my router and I don't want to chance messing up my routing system. This is an internal problem with the computer itself. It is an older HP Pavilion 502n running windows xp. The previous owner put on a program called "Bellsouth Parental Control - Login" it has a popup with their username but the password is blank an I have no idea to get it. I have tried to uninstall through control panel but it will not let me. It will also not let me go to windows explorer to try and delete the program there. I need a solution for the computer not my router. The computer will still kick out any available internet connection until this program is terminated. This is an older program I believe although a secure one but someone must know how to disable it, please help me with this information.

You need to be logged in on the Administrator account. If that's XP/Home, then you need to boot into Safe Mode to access it. Once in Safe Mode and with the desktop showing, use the Control Panel and Add/Remove programs.

Back