How can I reduce the lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

I play this game called, Warrock.
It's an FPS game that dose not require too much requirements.

Just last year i could play the game perfectly, although many people lagged allot (not screen lagg though, just like 3 secs diffrence [ping = 30])

Just last thursday i got my computer wiped then i re installed everything that the game needs:
Directx 9 or above - 10
524 ram - Useing 1gig, duel (equivelant of 2 gig)
ect...
i got all my drivers up to date
I got better than the minimum graphics card but not better than the Recomended.
needs windows 200/xp/vista/me - useing Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

Now after i wiped my computer and reinstalled all that is needed, im not only experiencing lagg because of ping but also Screen Lagg (crashes and then i die)
I have only one other process open, AVG anti virus...

I have Forwaded my Ports.

The lagg mainly happens when im close to someone else in game, i originally thought it was the paging files, i had no paging files befour it got wiped, i forget how to change them again.

Now i think it is because of internet connection, Im using 8 megabyte broadband, my line handles 6.5 MB because of distance from the station, Like 3 mils away.

Any idea?

First, update your system specs so we can know what you're working with.
Second, the minimum requirements for a game is just what it is. Requirements to run a game but with MINIMAL performance.

More, better and faster memory, all identical. Better video graphics card.
6.5 is fast enough.
Please explain this: "524 ram - Useing 1gig, duel (equivelant of 2 gig)
ect... "
and
"It's an FPS game that dose not require too much requirements."

I would disable the AVG for game and also I would stop unnecessary services running and optimize what is run in windows boot using Autoruns from Sysinternals. Then I think the lag dissappears.
But depend on your GFX card too. What it is?

PS. old card perform usually faster with older drivers, so updating everything it not always the best choice with oldie HW:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back