How to get rid of the blue box on my monitor?

Hameleon

Alright so I've seen someone already ask this question but they just ended up buying a new monitor. But the same thing happened to my mother the monitor was working fine we've only had for about 7 months and it was running smoothly she used it to work on her book. One day I asked to use it to play a video game on since I didn't have a tv yet. It was working fine on the game and when I returned it the monitor worked but there is this blue box that popped up for some reason saying,
"Input Signal Out of Range please change to 1440x900@60Hz".
We aren't computer/monitor experts so we thought the game messed it up. I really hope it didn't and that I can fix it some how. Like I said you can see everything on the screen just the box is supper annoying and my mother needs the monitor to see better. We can't afford a new one. The type of monitor we have is "Lenovo". I've searched up solutions and can't seem to find the right solution. I'll put a picture down below to show you the problem.
Yes we've restarted, unplug, plugged in, deleted stuff, added stuff, etc... I will read suggestions I would really appreciate the help. My mother would be so happy to get that distracting box out of her way as well. If you don't have a solution I thank you for even considering to help.
There are 5 buttons on the monitor one including the power button We are not sure what the other four are because when we click em it does nothing if you would need a picture of that I will send a picture.

Attachments

• 153040465_542244780089102_7552425517062872723_n.jpg
    153040465_542244780089102_7552425517062872723_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 7
It looks to me that the video of the computer is set wrong so you should try to change that to what the monitor wants which appears to be 1440 x 900 (A typical resolution of smaller 19 to 22" screens. The blue box is being generated by the monitor to tell you that it wants that resolution.

It looks to me that the video of the computer is set wrong so you should try to change that to what the monitor wants which appears to be 1440 x 900 (A typical resolution of smaller 19 to 22" screens. The blue box is being generated by the monitor to tell you that it wants that resolution.
Ah I had a hunch that's what it meant but when we press the buttons on the monitor it does nothing I'm not too sure how to change it.

It's not done from the monitor side it is done from the computer. Windows 10? RIght Click on the background wallpaper of your desktop to get a menu>>left click on Display Settings. Now look under > Display Resolution. Change that to 1440 x 900. if you can't then you have a damaged display driver and you will have to fix that first.

It's not done from the monitor side it is done from the computer. Windows 10? RIght Click on the background wallpaper of your desktop to get a menu>>left click on Display Settings. Now look under > Display Resolution. Change that to 1440 x 900. if you can't then you have a damaged display driver and you will have to fix that first.
Alright I've tried that and the box is still visible. How exactly do I fix the Display driver?

A bigger question is: Where you able to set 1440 x 900? If not then you need to figure out what type of video card you have. You can maybe use device manager to figure this out.

A bigger question is: Where you able to set 1440 x 900? If not then you need to figure out what type of video card you have. You can maybe use device manager to figure this out.
Ah alright thanks I was able to change it to 1440x900 but the box was still there. My brother is coming to fix it. Thank you for your help so far. If he can't fix it I may come back here for more help.

If the box is still there then it could be the refresh rate. Right Click on the background>Display Settings>Advanced Display Settings>Display Adapter Properties for Display 1>Monitor (tab) >Screen refresh rate 59Hz? Set it to that or try 60hz

If the box is still there then it could be the refresh rate. Right Click on the background>Display Settings>Advanced Display Settings>Display Adapter Properties for Display 1>Monitor (tab) >Screen refresh rate 59Hz? Set it to that or try 60hz
Alright he thinks I may just need a new cord and he will bring me one tomorrow, if that doesn't work I set up the monitor up again and try what you said. Thank you so very much.

I can't see a new cord fixing it but hopefully you will update us when you know.
Sorry about the wait. I forgot to update ya'll. It seems the monitor it self wanted to be the main screen we aren't sure why. We decided to just give it to our brother so he can use it for his actual computer as the main screen. Thank you for trying to help and again sorry for the wait.

Back