How can I share my PC Internet connection with my Xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer in my room is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable which leads all the way down to the lounge where our router is. I would like to connect my Xbox 360 in my room to the internet and still be able to use my computer as internet as well without having to unplug from one to the other. I would prefer a wired connection, however wouldnt really like to buy another 30ft long ethernet cable just to connect my xbox all the way downstairs to my router.
How can I share the internet?

Go wireless... Spend a little on a wireless router and a wireless NIC for your computer. The XBOX should have wireless capability already. Or, you could buy another wired router and set it up in your room. Attach it to the existing internet wire from the lounge and connect the XBOX and your computer to the new router

I would much rather prefer a wired connection as my router is too far for a wireless connection and I also have a phobia for lag...

Nice to see that you edited your reply and tried make me look like a fool. Just a shame you can see what time you edited it, AFTER I wrote a reply, however. Thanks.

I thought that might have happened... So the new wired router in your room should do the trick for you

Would an ethernet switch not do the trick? I was told by a friend that will work but I was not sure whether both the XBox and the computer could be online simultaneously like that..After all, that is what I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back