How do I delete?

No that is not how you delete your account

@AudioVayne Do not advise anyone to try to get banned. When a member is banned, depending upon the severity of the reason for ban, I (usually always) also post all their details, publicly on StopForumSpam, including email and IP (presently Rama82 has used 2 IPs so far) , I'm pretty sure no one wants that ;) (probably not even the spammers)

@Rama82 I have moved your thread into the Meeting spot, instead of the Introduce forum, to discuss why you want to remove your membership.

So, why? Not that you really need a reason, but normally we never just remove a member (actually I myself cannot remove your membership, even if I wanted to) Removing your membership can only be done by Admin here.

I hope that you do reply here

When you post on a public forum you do so with the knowledge that what you do and say there is public.

I was wondering how do I delete or close my techspot account?
Ironic, why did you post if you don't like your techspot account, for whatever reason? Why do you wan't to delete your account?

Well it couldn't be for his email address, as I found it on a simple Google search at 2 other public viewing places. So obviously that's not the issue. :suspiciou

But good point, why would you make a first time new thread and post and ask for your membership to be removed :confused:

It is ironic :D

As this matter has been moved here for free discussion, I give my personal opinion.

From the general, strictly logical point of view, it seems to me that a member who at any point and for any reason decides he no longer wishes to belong to this board, all he has to do is to stop visiting it. He’ll probably be deleted eventually for inactivity. Until then he hasn’t lost anything, on the contrary, if for some reason he decides to come back, he still has the chance to do so without formalities.

As regards the occasional email sent by the board, this can be stopped or directed to the junk folder.

Having said that, I clarify that from an even more logical point of view, it doesn’t seem to make any sense to leave a board that offers expert free help and other valuable material, while the standard of membership and posting is far above the usual run-of-the-mill prevailing on other boards.

This has already been discussed here, a few months back, when a forum member went ape because we would not delete his account.

My memory isn't the best, but I believed Julio chimed in and said essentially, since this is a public forum, accounts (excluding spam accounts) are not deleted. Of course, nothing is stopping you from simply no longer showing up here.

Not to mention, deleting user accounts has the side effect of making forum searches less effective, not to mention being pointless on a forum this large.

So, unless Julio changes his mind, the answer is probably "accounts are not deleted".

to avoid further email updates to any of the threads you have created or replied to just
go to your profile with https://www.techspot.com/vb/private.php

scroll the left side to find Subscribed Threads, click View All
in the box Folder Controls
there are three links: View All .. | Edit Folders | Empty Current folder

click on the latter

try looking at it the other way around: there was no promise or implication of privacy.

With sites like Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter, given that Google sucks up links to
almost everything - everywhere, it is unreasonable to expect privacy on the Internet;
even with what a great many consider private -- their email.

If you expect privacy then you need another channel of communications like
IM or snail-mail.

How would people know this is a public forum? I couldn't tell the first time. The Terms of Service only says you can make your email address private.. nothing about anything being publicly posted.
OK, if you stumbled upon Techspot simply browsing, or even with a search, and when you got there you could read everything that was posted, WITHOUT joining, or having a super duper double secret military intelligence browser and an FBI search warrant, how on earth could you mistake Techspot for anything other than a public forum?

The fact of the matter is, even a reasonably high functioning ***** would know immediately that this is a public forum.

As to the rest of your pretty much incoherant drivel, (which I found necessary to delete in order to maintain my own trend of thought), I take it you're indignant about something that was said to somebody else.

So let's recap, you can read every word on a web page that you visit, yet you can't recognize that this information is in the public domain, and you're upset in the third person, because of something somebody in the second person, said to someone in the first person, is that correct?

It's a pity they don't issue college degrees in tediousness or obliviousness.

Back