How do I schedule PC to turn off?

xXMagicPandaXx

Hello, I'd like to leave my PC running while I go home until the next morning to download a game, but I don't want to keep my PC any longer than it has to because my performance always goes worse the longer my PC is on.

My OS is Windows XP SP3.

I know of no way to do that, at least not with windows. But you can have it go to sleep. Threw your power settings

Go into the control panel , Then click on power options.Once the window comes up click on change plan settings. No I do not think your game will keep downloading in sleep mode.

Well in Windows 7 there's Task Scheduler. Can't remember if that's in XP though.
And no, your computer isn't running anything in sleep mode.

Hello, I'd like to leave my PC running while I go home until the next morning to download a game, but I don't want to keep my PC any longer than it has to because my performance always goes worse the longer my PC is on.

My OS is Windows XP SP3.
How long will it take to download? If I understand your question correctly, I don't see why you can't download it & then reboot once its done. That'll refresh everything. I'm on my XP SP3.

While your PC is downloading the game it will not go to sleep. But after the download system will become idle and it will fall asleep.

Try to used task scheduler.. you can find it through accessories then system tools then select task scheduler.

You can use a batch to shutdown after a time period.
I sometimes do that if I know a decent estimate for how long it'll take.

Back