How do I upgrade my graphic driver and find out which one I have on my computer?

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am having trouble running the new Ravenhurst game on my notebook. I have been communicating with the tech team at Bigfish games but I still haven't resolved the issue. The latest idea was to check to see if I have a graphic driver that is fairly new and will support the game. I was then told to go to gateway and download a new driver. I have no idea what that is or how to do it or which one I need to download. I am not computer savvy so I feel a little lost when I see all the terms that I am not familiar with. I hope someone can help.
Thanks!

If it ia a gateway laptop, then yes, you can visit the gateway website, enter your model number and download the latest graphics driver.
You an also start the device manager (type "devmgmt.msc" at the start menu), and check the "display adapters" category for the installer video card.
Most common ones are ATI, nVidia and Intel.
So after that you can visit the website of the video card manufacturer and check if they have a newer driver for you model vieo card. Laptop manufacturer's don't aleasy have the latest versions immediately.

Hope this helps.

Back