How do you get rid of cookies on a Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus17

Hey,

How do you get rid of cookies on a Mac? Also, how do you clear out any unwanted files. I use to know how to do it but I forget...

Aloha,
Tara

Assuming you are using the Safari web browser, do this:

"you can reset Safari totally (empty cache, forms, passwords, cookies, etc) by using the Reset Safari... option in the Safari menu.

If you're just after cookies, look at Safari preferences -> Security -> Show Cookies.

If you're after stored passwords, look in Keychain Access (in /Applications/Utilities). You'll find them under Passwords (as Web form passwords)"...

Onyx will definitely do the trick... Download the latest version from here at Titanium Software

The first four icons are versions in order from Leopard right on down to Jaguar...

You're welcome... LOL.

Thanks!!!

Hey,

I did that and my computer seems to be running a lot faster. I deleted all the cookies and it seems better. I will keep you updated :)

Aloha,
Tabatha

For Firefox

use the Firefox Menu->Preferences->Privacy Tab
click show cookies
you can delete specific(s) or Remove ALL

Safari has a Private Browsing mode where for most people/practical purposes nothing is kept (although it can be viewed from the Terminal). But this is getting off topic a bit.

Hey,

Nah, nothing is really off topic it relates to cleaning up my mac and knowing what I'm delaing with. So thanks very much:)

Aloha,
Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back