How good is my new rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildgene789

Alright so i found this site on google and i was wondering about my new computer i built and can you guys please let me know what you think about it and if its good? Ill post the parts below

Thermaltake Armor+ MX Mid-T Case Blk w/230 mm Fan
ULTRA LS600 600W ATX POWER SUPPLY
XFX nForce 750a SLI Socket AM2+ Motherboard
AMD Phenom X3 8750 Black Edition 2400Mhz 3.5MB
Corsair 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x2048MB)
WD Caviar 250GB SATA HD 7200/8MB/SATA-3G
EVGA GeForce 9800 GT Superclocked Video Card

Now please let me know but be nice this is the first computer i build and im only 17 so lets hear it lol.

lol uhh first build, good enough rofl and 17 is more than enough, im 13, i mean was 13 couple days ago =[

anyways its a good build altho i woulda went for an intel build such as an e8400 or some sort

go download a program called 3dmark06 and test out your comp

Thanks guys when i go home ill test that benchmark thing. Also im changing the video card. im going to return the 9800gt and get the 9800gtx because its only a couple bucks more then the card i have now.

3dmark06 and why 9800gtx+ lol and how much did you get the 9800gt for then

hmmm i dunno why you went for amd but i'd switch to intel, core2duo ? but then if you do that, you'd also need a new mobo

but i guess you could stick with amd ..

also, if you buy another 9800gt since your mobo has sli capabilties, it will be better than the 9800gtx

well i have the gt from best buy for 150 i know total rip off but i only like rented it till i get new one from tiger direct lol im ganna return it when i get new one. also the 9800gtx+ is like 160 with farcry 2 for free

lol an amd is an amd dude, its ideal for budget systems

like check the bench mark stuff

i guarantee you that something like an e8400 will be better

because when gaming, it only requires two cores and e8400 is already at a 3.0ghz, faster than your amd when its running at only 2.8

then you could even overclock it higher and e8400 is a great overclocker with low temps

with the stock cooling i bet you'd get up to a good 3.5ghz or more

well if you read more online you'd understand, but not saying its not bad or anything, just stay with it since you've already built

Alright im not going to try and change ur mind i mean this was aimed to be a budget computer. Also i bought the black edition because i think u can overclock it even more so ima try to get it as high as i can because right now my mobo automatically has overclock settings for low medium and high and right now i have at low and getting 2.8

Alright heres my 2dmark06 results

3dmark score:11578
sm2.0: 5105
hdr/sm3.0:5514
CPU: 3026

please let me know if this is good lol

lol its decent

just that i can't really say anything cause my computer failed hard core

my score was 2000 and something =]

AMD is fine. Anything is fine if it does what you need it to do.

That's a nice build for your first. It's running and stable, that's always an accomplishment. gj.

Thats a nice first build man. Amd is alot more affordable than intel. The 3dmark score is pretty good. Good choice going with the 9800GTX+ just make sure you get a good brand like Evga, or XFX or BFG.

is xfx a good brand because im hearing alot of bad stuff about them but im about to say F it and just go with them since my mobo is xfx and so far the mobo is good accept they still havent responded to my support question.

if it were up to me i would only own Evga or XFX they are the 2 biggest and most respected video card makers. Look it up XFX comes with a double lifetime warranty that is just insane. There MBs are very good to so i say go with whatever you like but thats my suggestions.

whats is your budget for a card? and that is a good card put the exact same one in my friends computer.

thats like double the price though. this one with the rebate is 154 andddd free game so how can you go wrong and i hear its amazing.

you are right but really at first its only about $50 before rebate but yeah the free game is nice and the 9800GTX + is a great card. I just wanted to suggest the GTX260 because its about 50% faster in some cases almost 100% faster especially if you overclock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back