How Good Is My PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that it is really good, but even games like Half life 2 are extremely slow on the highest settings, and I can't understand why...
Can someone give me advice?

Video Card: NVidia GeForce 8600GS (Sli) (This model is only found in a Packard bell PC)
CPU: Intel Quad 2.40GHz
Memory: 2046MB Ram

If your computer is a Packard Bell, you are not going to see substantial improvements. Tell us more about brand, model, and configuration.

I've just set the SLI function to enabled, but hardly any change in performance

in order for SLI to increase performance it need to have multiple GPU's running (two or more cards, or a dual GPU card) so if you have only 1 8600gs, it wouldn't increase performance.

Can we assume you are in Great Britain, and this is a model marketed there. From what I can find on the computer, the system board is somewhat limited. We have great troubles getting any speed out of them in Scotland. I believe the Packard Bell company pulled out of the USA.

Your computer isn't "very good", but it's a solid computer, especially for a game like Half Life 2, you might want to try getting the most up to date drivers, then see if you still have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back