How much would my PC be worth?

How much would be PC be worth on Todays Market? (P.s. I dont know where else to post it direct me to the place to post it and ill do it there)

Computer Type - Desktop
Maker - Self made
Model Name - N/A
Central Processing Unit (CPU) - Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66 Ghz
Operating System - W7 Ultimate 64 Bit (Does not need to be windows updated)
Windows System Rating - 5.7/6.9
Motherboard - Asus P5k SE
Ram - 4Gb Kingston
Hard drive(s) - 160 Gb SATA
Optical Drivers (i.e. CD-ROM Drives) - 2 x LG DVD ROMs
Power Supply (PSU) - 700w Power Supply
Case - Coolermaster
Number of Case Fans (Not Including PSU Fans) - 2
Video Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
Other Cards - D-Link Wireless G DWA - 510 Desktop Adapter
Keyboard - G15
Mouse - Razor Diamond Back
Speakers - G51 5.1 Surround Sound
Screen Size - 22" Benq LCD Monitor

Not bad...i'd guess it cost ≈ $1050 USD initially.
At this point however, i'd pay ≈ $750.

EDIT: My bad, should have asked when it was purchased and if it was prebuilt.
Still stands at ≈ $750.

Used electronics does not command a great resale price,
no matter how great the product initially could claim to be.
Especially at 3 years old.

Remember the rule: Caveat Emptor...
The buyer has no way of knowing what "abuse" the device may have suffered (from "dirty" power, to physical trauma), and will be (SHOULD be) cautious, as a result.

I would say, "Feel good if you can actually get more than about $300 (US) for it".

There are several questions.

Is it a full retail (transferrable to another system if removed from that one) Win 7 Ultimate? Or is it something else....
What CoolerMaster Case?
What PSU Model?
Monitor comes with? Are there any dead pixels or blemishes on screen?

Hard drive is pretty small, unless it was one with a 5 year warranty it is probably out of warranty.

Ah!

If this thing is worth $750, why am I selling the box in my specs for $400?

I personally wouldn't pay more than $300 for your box.

I build similar systems on the AMD side with more RAM, bigger HDD's, for $500 all inclusive.

I guess it all depends on where you're at. 4gb of RAM is about standard, 320gb HDD's IMO are as well.

I just built a box for a friend better spec'd than my box minus a video card, and in parts she only dropped around $300.

no offense game but there are some major differences between his rig and yours. an Asus pk5 se vs your ECS, the 8200 is faster than the 7750, and a better OC'er. The GTX 260 vs the GS 9600 isn't even close. Slow DDR2 6400.
I don't know if the price is right, but proportionately it looks to be.

500 usd. If you have a quality psu and a decent case.

I agree with Super here, $500 USD maybe $550 USD but it needs a good PSU. Case is subjective imo just as long as it provides good air-flow. Cheaper models from Coolermaster appear to have been designed with decent air-flow in mind so I'd say you're good. My issues however are with the small HDD & OS. Is that OEM or retail? If you need to sell do it separately imo, as in the PC, monitor & peripherals as you might get more overall for it.

Also note that tech users like us are rather picky when it comes to used/old products but the average consumer really isn't. Just check your local Craigslist to see, mine has tons of people trying to sell off 4-5+ year old Pentium 4 / D machines for $300 bucks & machines similarly specced to yours for like $900 which is rather ridiculous. Can't say if they actually find a buyer though.

I'm with super and Relic. I think $500.00 is sell-able for it. used electronics are tough

well it costed around $1600 Au about 3 yrs ago.
You have to take everything that's been said with a grain of salt. The PC parts economy in the US is far different from Australia. Even in Great Britain, the prices of parts are much higher than here. That, coupled with the fact we like to throw our stuff away every year, drives the used market way down.

That said, something used is never worth way you think it is, or for that matter, what you'd like it to be. I'd start the bidding at maybe 30 to 35 cents on the dollar.

900 usd is tough, that's a good core i5 system.

That was just an example of a very overpriced used PC that I see home-builders trying to peddle to the uninformed on my local Craigslist, which I don't condone. No way any of us or even an informed consumer would buy that.

And Captaincrankys right, it'll be hard for us to judge your local market and worth considering we're not familiar with it or at least I'm not :) . DBZ might be able to give you the best perspective.

You have to take everything that's been said with a grain of salt. The PC parts economy in the US is far different from Australia. Even in Great Britain, the prices of parts are much higher than here. That, coupled with the fact we like to throw our stuff away every year, drives the used market way down.

That said, something used is never worth way you think it is, or for that matter, what you'd like it to be. I'd start the bidding at maybe 30 to 35 cents on the dollar.

Is that what that is? i thought $1600 Au was $1600.00 in gold :p:rolleyes::wave:

There are several questions.

Is it a full retail (transferrable to another system if removed from that one) Win 7 Ultimate? Or is it something else....
What CoolerMaster Case? Centurion
What PSU Model? Generic i think...
Monitor comes with? Are there any dead pixels or blemishes on screen?yes, No Dead pixels.... 1 minor not even noticeable Blemish

Hard drive is pretty small, unless it was one with a 5 year warranty it is probably out of warranty.

Windows 7 ultimate 64 would hardly be considered "aged"... assuming it's a fresh install, it'd still be worth about $180 USD.
22" monitor isn't exactly outdated either; $150.
If the G15 and Razer diamondback are in new/nearly new condition, it's $100 USD total.
That's $430 already; adding the case, dvd drive, and wireless card (that's basically the parts least affected by age) add up to ≈$500 IMO.

The P5KSE is a study board, and the E8200+GTX260 is not a weak setup, though it truly is outdated now, it still has decent performance. If you're an average person who's just looking for a decent PC to play games with no intention to upgrade for a few years, $200 for those three parts is a pretty viable purchase.
I don't think $700 is a tough asking price.

BTW, I was under the impression that as long as you have enough memory, doesn't having slow RAM mostly affect loading times and have little impact on game performance. Is this true?

If I were you I would look up each piece on ebay to get an idea. If Ebay can be used in your area. I don't think there would be to many games that would give your build a hard time. The res of the monitor matters, im guessing your at 1680 1050 or so.

Back