How much is my gaming rig worth?

cashblingbling

I want to sell my rig but just need an opinion on how much its worth Thanks.
Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.8 ghz per core
3.5 gb Memory Plenty for every task
320gb HDD
XFX ATI Radeon 4890
MSI 790xt G45 Motherboard
NZXT Sentry2 LCD Fan Controller
7 Fans in the Case Keep everything Ice Cold
LCD: I-INC 25' 1080p full HD 2ms respawns time
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Speakers Included: Creative Inspire T2900 2.1 with remote
Mouse: Sidewinder X8 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3
Xbox 360 Controller also included
Headset: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000
Power Supply: Antec 650 watt green power crossfire ready
DVD-RW Drive lightscribe ready

Games Included:
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Batman Arkan Asylum
Splinter Cell Conviction
Fuel
Dead Rising 2
Blur
Halo
NBA 2K10
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Call of duty 5 World at War
Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2
Gears of War
Grand theft Auto 4
Burnout Paradise
Crysis
Street Fighter 4
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Mafia 2
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
Just Cause 2
Resident Evil 5
Borderlands
Halo 2
Call of Duty 5

The games that are on steam cant sell them, doing this is goes against Steam's TOS. Accounts which have been bought, sold or traded will be disabled. This includes any other accounts in your possession at the time of the sale or trade, regardless of whether those accounts were also sold or not.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519
That's right, its also common practice to format, so unless you include a fresh copy of windows, or a brand new Windows 7 64bit OEM box, I wouldn't count it at full price.

However, if it is a new copy of windows, I'd price it at $650 - $700.
This time, i'll write an abstract justifying it.
Windows 7 (assuming it's new) $180
Monitor - $250
Fan controller, DVD drive, and all the other peripherals - $50
And about $200 for the core components.

How do you know those are all Steam games Dustin? I know MW2 is since it forces everyone to use Steam, can't comment on the rest though.

In any case, everything included like that I'd second HK's price of ~ $650. I think you could get more selling off those pieces separately from the monitor, peripherals, the PC & even the games. However like Dustin points out if those are Steam games and at least MW2 is, selling it violates there TOS. Reason why anything you buy on Steam isn't actually yours. If they are retail games minus Steam tie-ins you should be alright, but even then online components usually still have some registration need.

You could also sell your video card separately, XFX cards if you registered come with a double-lifetime warranty and I don't see why you couldn't get at least $100 dollars as it still a good card.

I said "The games that are on steam cant be sold", i never said all of those games was on steam. I know Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Mafia 2 have to be linked to a steam account to be played.

Clearly I didn't read everything :haha: . Didn't know about Mafia 2 either but I don't think I'll be getting that game anytime soon.

Back