How should I manage my iPhone's file on my computer?

There are a couple options you have for how to do this that may not be immediately obvious.

First, if you would like to keep your images on your phone, but you don't think you can because you are out of space... that may not really be true. If you have an iCloud account what you can do is have your photos uploaded to that in full quality, meanwhile your phone keeps a lesser quality version to save space. I'm not sure how you make this happen on your own, but I was presented with this option on my phone a couple weeks ago when I was really low on space. I'm sure you can look it up or I can find how to make that happen.

Second, like the above posts indicate, you can pull those photos off the phone and just store them locally. If you have a PC, just connect the phone and open it and drag and drop the pictures to somewhere else (that will likely copy them, but then you just delete off phone once they are copied). If you are on a Mac, you can do it through Applications -> Image Capture. There is no need to do it through iTunes, and I've never tried it on Windows iTunes, but it seems like an unnecessary step unless you just love the iTunes experience (which would be rare).

Back