How to format laptop c: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need some help in formating my laptop c: drive.
When I bought they have given me only c: drive with 160 gb space and d: drives as backup . Now i wanted to split into to more drives how can i do that now?

Laptop: Dell XPS

can any one of you help me in this?

hi

You have to get an windows installation cd and when you boot from it you can schoos on what hdd you want to install windows...there you can delete partitions and create more of them... first you have to delete the c drive and after that you can make more of them...

hi

You have to get an windows installation cd and when you boot from it you can schoos on what hdd you want to install windows...there you can delete partitions and create more of them... first you have to delete the c drive and after that you can make more of them...

hmm....i'm not sure, have never got it to work that way :/ if i'm right then the d drive is just an "restore drive"...

i had a Fujitsu Siemens computer once with a protected restore drive (D:) and when my windows got too slow i tried to install it again from the d drive but it didn't work...so i deleted it....and downloaded windows xp pro sp2 (Winborg v5.0 from IsoHunt.com)

but i suggest you go to the manufactures pages and look for a "readme" or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back