How to get better FPS with these specs

How to Get Better FPS in GTA San Andreas, Before, When i bought this Lenovo Laptop, I Could Still Get Like 30-45 FPS, But within the Succeeding Days, I'm only Getting like 20-25 FPS. Or Even Lower Than That, I Tried Using GameBooster ( IoBit ).. But the Maximum it Can give is around 28 FPS.

Any Help I Could Get From those Good People in here?
I'm Kinda Newbie in this Forum, Sorry For My Bad English :p

Anyway, I'm Running my Gta San Andreas with The Lowest Option, Like those videos in Youtbe.

Computer Specs:
•Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
•CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1.86GHz
•Ram: 503 MB
•Video Card: Mobile(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

try upgrading your ram!! Ram always shows immediate performance changes!! and video card? Does your mother board take agp or pci video card? minimum requirements for cpu 1ghz. I always found that game to be like world of warcraft if you don't have gig of ram the game does not work that great!!

that game should run well in your laptop. but you should set the graphic quality to low in the option.

If the game has lost performance over time, ensure that you are doing regular maintenance. A common program would be "CCleaner" and defragmenting your hard drive (built into Windows). Run some virus scans to ensure you aren't infected.

Turn off any applications running in the background, including Anti Virus (only temporarily, to test)

CCleaner is good tool to use as Mopar has pointed out!! I was loosing fps in MW2 and I used Ccleaner and regained some fps back!!

I concur with Mopar, try cleaning up your computer and turn off all unnecessary background applications. With your hardware you don't exactly have a lot of wiggle room, even though San Andreas is an older game.

If you want to boost your laptop performance a bit more, upgrade to a gig of RAM like Jeremy suggested. That would even help out in other tasks and likely give you an overall better experience.

Would a gig really help a laptop with such a low cpu? If you go to your control panel you can set your power options to performance to boost your fps. Also I noticed on a old computer that when I made a new windows user account and only installed games on that account I got more performance out of my games.

If you have 64 bit xp switch to 32 bit if you can.

Back