How to keep spooks at bay - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some months ago my partner, for reasons that are not important, enlisted a private firm of investigators to monitor my e-mail exchanges. She now wishes to call of these wolves but they continue to harass and seem to have access to my entire web activity. I have very little knowledge when it comes to the wonders of the www but feel certain that someone out there must be able to advise me how to protect myself against these professional snoops. Can anyone please help?
Nige

Although we could possibly find things in your system

Your best (and really only) option is to re-install Windows clean (ie format during Setup)
Then change your email, and at last go on the web (updating)

obviously you will need to backup any important data first.

Thanks for that. I have re-installed windows but what is to stop these people from identifying new e-mail addresses. In the past I have used msn and yahoo im platforms as well as hotmail addresses. All have been compromised.

A new Internet provider (to change your IP)
HideIP (to hide your IP)
A good firewall (and monitor all incomming and outgoing info)

Probably the top one preferred

If it was me
I'd stick with my IP address, and check who's trying to hack me, then totally, utterly hack them to bits! (please take this as a joke)

Very useful. Many thanks. Couple of further points if you don't mind. What's the best firewall i could get and what do you mean by monitoring all incoming and outgoing info? Also, what order should I do these things in or doesn't it matter? Am paranoid as you can probably tell.
Nige

It's personnal preference on Firewalls, but I'll say what I think is best

1. Change Internet Service Provider
2. Kaspersky Internet Security
Which you can monitor incomming IP addresses with (but don't have to)

Another personnal favorite is Tor (anonymous web surfing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back