How to Keep Using Internet Explorer in Microsoft Edge with IE Mode

"How to Keep Using Internet Explorer...."

Why would any sane person do that???

The only reason is that some older devices (switches/security cameras or security cameras NVR) still require and use ActiveX. we have like 4-5 devices that require activex for configuration, and 1 (the UPS) that requires Flash !!!

I know people should change and upgrade these devices, but that's not always easy, when the owner says the device is working, keep it, we don't want to spend money to upgrade.

and yes, for your information, this Edge IE mode opens ActiveX as if it was IE11 :)

The only reason is that some older devices (switches/security cameras or security cameras NVR) still require and use ActiveX. we have like 4-5 devices that require activex for configuration, and 1 (the UPS) that requires Flash !!!

I know people should change and upgrade these devices, but that's not always easy, when the owner says the device is working, keep it, we don't want to spend money to upgrade.

and yes, for your information, this Edge IE mode opens ActiveX as if it was IE11 :)

I have a question, how do you use flash? I have a NAS that uses flash for it's user configuration and I've pretty much given up on accessing it due to not being able to use flash anymore.

I have a question, how do you use flash? I have a NAS that uses flash for it's user configuration and I've pretty much given up on accessing it due to not being able to use flash anymore.
I found an old portable Firefox version that still has the flash plugin, don't remember where exactly, google is your friend... but upon first launch go into settings and disable automatic updates for firefox itself, otherwise next launch it will be the new version without flash :)

Back