How to set AP to share Internet?

Doctor_hv

Hi!
I have the following networking setup.
I have a PCI wireless adapter which I use to connect to my ISP's wireless network, which enables me to set up a normal broadband connection to the internet.
I also have a D-Link DWL-G700AP connected to my PC via ethernet cable.
I would like to share my internet connection over this AP wirelessly. Is it possible, or it can only share a connection from router?
I tried the following settings.
First I set my Broadband connection to be shared over Local Area Network (connection to AP) and it automatically changed its IP to 192.168.137.1
Then I set the AP to act as Access Point, and in LAN settings, I set its IP to be static, 192.168.137.50 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and as gateway I entered my LAN IP, 192.168.137.1
but it doesn't share internet.
Any help would be appreciated.

think I understand the wiring to be
Code:
modem==(wan)router#1===(wan)AP - - wifi connections
please confirm and report the make/model of the modem, router, & AP

Wiring is PC===TP-Link Wireless PCI adapter====outdoor antenna====ISP's AP. (I live in rural area so there is no ADSL or cable, this is the only broadband option).
Software part is, first I connect to the Wireless network, than I am able to connect to internet through a PPPoE connection.
As for my D-Link AP, it is connected to my PC via ethernet cable and it has its own wireless antenna.
I hope this clarifies my setup, no modems or routers involved on my side.

Wiring is PC===TP-Link Wireless PCI adapter====outdoor antenna====ISP's AP. (I live in rural area so there is no ADSL or cable, this is the only broadband option).
Software part is, first I connect to the Wireless network, than I am able to connect to internet through a PPPoE connection.
As for my D-Link AP, it is connected to my PC via ethernet cable and it has its own wireless antenna.
I hope this clarifies my setup, no modems or routers involved on my side.
Ok; seen this before.
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]Ap<====[/COLOR]PC===TP-Link Wireless PCI adapter====outdoor antenna====ISP's AP
wire the PC to the A/P and enable Internet Connection Sharing is one solution.

Ideally, I'm sure you would rather have
Code:
AP<=== [COLOR="Silver"]PC===[/COLOR]TP-Link Wireless PCI adapter====outdoor antenna====ISP's AP
but there's an issue with your ISP allowing more than one IP address.

As you're commited to WiFi for all connections, we need to swap some connections
but first you need some info on your existing connection
  1. PPoE settings (if any)
  2. your PC MAC address

Task one is to connect the AP to the TP-Link--Antenna and get your PC connected to the AP.
The AP will need to pretend to be your PC using the PC Mac address (see this)

Once this is working, you can WiFi connect other stuff to the A/P

Back