How to turn on wifi in Lenovo G510

abbasi

Hi,
I installed Win 7 32 bit on my Lenovo G519 laptop. Now I want to use my wireless Internet but can't find the way I can turn on that laptop!!
I tried Fn+F5 and also F5 but it's still turned off.
How to turn on wireless in that laptop please?

Did you download from their site all the necessary drivers (chipset this one is very important).
This below link goes to Lenovo Support Drivers for your G510, makes sure you download them and install what you need.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro.../lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g510-notebook

Keep these on USB drive or zip drive or stick for save keeping. If you still have an issue check with Lenovo Support Tech and see if they're using a hidden driver?

Most do like HP and few others. Then you would need to get there Windows Recovery DVD.

Thank you very much. I downloaded all needed drivers but the manual of that laptop says the wifi will be turned on only on win 8!
I think the problem is that.

Thank you very much. I downloaded all needed drivers but the manual of that laptop says the wifi will be turned on only on win 8!
I think the problem is that.

Like I had said, that's how they get you. The only way around that is to install a WiFi USB stick that supports Windows 7.

This is a widely reported issue so the drivers available on the Lenovo site clearly don't do the job. I've seen one post where running SlimDrivers utility found working drivers for the wireless card so it may be worth downloading. Otherwise there is always the option of an upgrade to Windows 8.1 which is what the laptop was designed to run..

Yes, that seems right. I don't know what the manufacturers of the Lenovo have thought when making such a laptop!.
Anyway, thanks to all.

Back