HP dv2315nr motherboard part #

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwspony

I am working on an HP dv2315nr laptop and need to find the part number of the motherboard. Anyone know where it is? Haven't found anything clear on the web yet. Part # is rv324uar.

Let us know how the repair goes. I'm working on 2 Toshiba A100-A105's that have bad motherboards. On my orders from EBay, I had to return the first 2 motherboards. They were "tested" by the vendors, but they wouldn't POST. I have received one good board, and the other should be here in a few days. I have been at these repairs for over a month so far

I will most likely go with a new board. I have had enough bad experiences with Ebay items to test my fate with a used board.

That's a good way to go... My customer's don't want to pay much, so it costs more time but less money to go with used motherboards. Good luck :)

I found a great deal on the 447805.001 mobo. I now have the laptop completely aparts and find that it has a mobo part number of 440768.001. I cannot find specs to see if there are any differences between the two. guess I will see what happens.

Why not contact HP and ask them the part number of the motherboard for the model of HP laptop in question?
1-877-253-8898.

Just do a thorough visual inspection on the 2 boards. Check for number of USB ports and CPU/chipset types or locations. I suspect that the 2 boards are interchangeable

there is most certainly always a diffrence either in the placement of the screw holes or the internal chipset, bios, list of acceptable cpu's or any number of things. best thing to do is pay the 15% restocking fee from ebay, and then go buy the motherboarrd from HP or a certified reseller of NEW parts, the ebay parts such as motherboards are almost 100% reflowed or in some way refurbished without doing the propper work to them to make sure that they are 100% new, if you look any place on any of the chipsets and see a burning or a scorch return it asap without even checking if it works or not, its been used and sold at 2/3 of new cost. Likely that HP will give you a great discount if you want to send the laptop to them and have the technicians do the work, and get it back in about a week...be sure to check their work though with prpper heat sink setting and compound use.

the origional laptop motherboad for my dv9500 was 450.00 before tax and shipping, the cost for me to send to hp and have them repair...300.00 same board same repair. IF the cost is higher than usual, tell them yu need a HR satisfaction manager to talk to, generally they will lower the cost by 100.00 to make the customer happy.

hope it helps, and to those of yo uwho use ebay as a major supplier of aftermarket major components good luck also, ive had such bad luck with component knock off brands, and just out right used merchandise that i will not use ebay for major component repair source anymore.

questions feel free to ask, also hp has a nice site that you can use to find the right motherboard for your laptop/desktop by simply putting in the S/N or the P/N , that way you know exactly what you need before you mistakingly order the wrong part.

ocy

"i will not use ebay for major component repair source anymore"...

It took me buying 4 motherboards from EBay from 3 sellers to get a working motherboard for a Toshiba A105-S1014 laptop. With the return shipping charges, $24 and the motherboard cost $89.95, the $113 was still a very good price compared to $300 to $500 for a "new" board. It may take some time to find reputable sellers, but if your part numbers are correct, and your vision is good, you can find what you need at very low prices. EBay has a buyer protection plan, and if you use PayPal you really can't loose

I lucked out and the first mobo I got from ebay worked great and was the exact one I was looking for. Thanks guys!!

Good work kwspony,
I've got another Toshiba Satellite that needs a motherboard. The paper labels on the bottom are worn and not readable. It still works, but it won't charge. I've got to take it apart get the motherboards number and put it back together. Order the board and install it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back