HP DV5-1233SE stuck at HP logo and will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

HP DV5-1233SE won't past the HP logo screen

Guys,

This is my 2nd time having issue with this laptop where it will not boot and just stuck at the hp logo screen. The 1st time it happened about 8 months ago and it was still under warranty so HP fixed it by replacing the system board and ram. This time it is out of warranty and looks like the same problem. Has anyone encounter the same issue? Can anyone share how you guys fixed it without having to send it to HP?

I am pretty technical guy so I should be able to fix it once I know what is the cause of this problem. I am suspecting it is the motherboard as i could not even get to the BIOS. I tested the ram and harddisk seem to be working by switching them to my friend's hp laptop.

Please, please, assistance is needed here.....Thanks!!

I am having the same issue deluxman with an hp dv5000. I have tried different things to make it boot past the HP logo screen and it still freezes. Have you found a solution to your problem?

Yes, I found the solution for it. First thing you want to do is remove the battery, memory and hard drive.
Then press power button for like 30 seconds. This is to reset the computer. Then insert one memory first, then turn on your computer. If it reads the 1st ram that means it is a good sign. If I am not mistaken you will get a message saying like no active HDD detected. That is okay, turn it off with the power button then insert your 2nd piece of ram. Turn on and turn it off after you get the same message. Then insert your harddrive. It should now go back to normal. Let me know how it goes and email me back when you have succeeded.
Good luck!

Sorry for the late repsone. I tried your instructions and everthing happened just as you explained it would. I got to the very last step (Then insert your harddrive. It should now go back to normal) and I booted it up. After if past the post screen it went to the screen that tells you Windows did not start up successfully. So it gave me the options of starting up in safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc. When I tried to arrow down, it froze. So I thought for a minute that it could be the hard drive. I removed it and started again. This time I tried to enter the bios. I hit F10 and it acted as if it was going to let me go in and it froze again. It stayed on the post screen with the HP logo with the words "please wait" in the bottom left.

try resetting it again with ram and hard drive removed. Press the power button for about a minute. Then insert the 1st ram. Power button to turn off, then insert the 2nd ram. Power button off again then insert the hdd. Oh, make sure you remove the battery too, so when you insert the ram, it will be using the ac adapter. Insert the battery last after you are able to get back to windows normally.

I tried the instructions last posted and I am still getting the same results. It freezes before I can do anything. Even with the HDD pulled out of the laptop, I can't even access the bios. It freezes. I think there may be something going on with the bios. I pulled the hard drive and I am currently running a diagnostics test on it.

Yeah, I suspect that the BIOS is very unstable on this laptop. I was lucky that by resetting following the steps I gave you, I was able to bring it back to normal.

I wouldn't recommend trying to flash the BIOS at this time as you might render it useless. I would keep trying resetting it a few times. Remove battery, ram and hdd again and press the power button for a minute. Then try again inputting the ram one at a time and turn it on. See if you get a different message this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back