HP energizes gaming desktop line with affordable Envy Phoenix 810

Shawn Knight

Staff member

HP’s Phoenix line of desktop gaming PCs has earned a refresh at this year’s IFA trade show. The Envy Phoenix 810 won’t be able to compete with super heavyweight contenders from the likes of Maingear and Puget but it certainly appears to be a step up from previous middle-tier offerings.

Details are scarce (and a bit conflicting) at this hour but here’s what we do know. A blog post on HP’s site notes they plan to sell a couple of different configurations of the Phoenix 810. The 810se starts at $1,299 and includes an Intel Core i7-4820K processor, 12GB of RAM, a 2TB 7,200 RPM hard drive and an Nvidia GTX 760 GPU.

envy phoenix hp envy gaming pc

The Phoenix 810st, meanwhile, commands $200 more which nets an Intel Core i7-4820K chip, 16GB of RAM, a 3TB 7,200 RPM hard drive and the same Nvidia GTX 760 GPU. The 600-watt power supply and tool-less chassis from earlier revisions are returning once again to both models, we’re told.

Other sources claim HP will offer your choice of AMD or Nvidia discrete graphics, Beats Audio processing and a watercooled CPU although there was no mention of this on HP’s post (the Beats Audio logo does appear on the front bezel of the machine, however). There’s also talk of a Core i7 Extreme processor option yet nobody mentions a solid state drive offering – a virtual necessity given the supporting hardware.

The offering marks the first time that HP has combined the Envy and Phoenix brands. The Envy Phoenix 810 will ship starting October 16.

Permalink to story.

Notice how they never tell you spec on the boards,could be the cheapest low end thing out.but still marked up for the consumer. or the power supply. Im sure its not utter crap, but its probably not worth the thousand plus rig

So $1300 for an affordable gaming pc eh? that's all three consoles combined.if hp is gonna release an "affordable" gaming pc they need to release one that dosent cost the price of all three consoles.

To build it to a good gamer pc the cost is about 3000 dollars, but even then you can't get a high end graphic card like the GeForce GTX 980.

Back