HP envy 1038-nr

highlander84

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

So no good news till new drivers come... I think this might take a while. So long in fact I might go back to Windows 7...

HP told me to stick with Windows 7. Let them send you the recovery disk for your system. Windows 8 with the $14 bucks upgrade wasn't so great for me. MS was too quick to release this newer OS.

Back