HP letting customers down on Printers

bazz2004

In another thread I said in defence of HP that older HP printers were well built and generally reliable. I have two models about 14 years old - basic single function printers with a tricolor and a black cartridge. This works well because the cartridge incorporates the printer head. Our Deskjet 6940 sat in a cupboard for years while Canons and Epsons which looked to have a far better spec died or had problems on a regular basis. Our HP Deskjet 6940 is still clanking away happily on my various computers running different OS. I bought a second-hand HP H470 mobile printer with a similar cartridge arrangement. The used prices for these printers seems high but when used with compatible cartridges they are economical to run. HP originals are shamefully expensive. There is now a big problem.

HP’s H470 support was ended in 2022. This may not seem important but if you want to find drivers and software for such printers all links lead to HP web pages. Here you are informed that no drivers are available because old printers are not supported. HP could easily have maintained a download section for older printers enabling customers to download what they need. It is almost an embarrassment for the company that older tech is still working well whereas the newer printers are dying in a couple of years. Maybe it’s the same with other big printer brands.

Back