Hp n5310 ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there i just bought myself 2 sticks of 256 pc133 sdram for my laptop and put them in and it doesnt do anything i tried 1 of the 256 same deal but if i mix the 128 with the 256 it boots but doesnt go past the loading to windows i know it supports pc133 because the 128stick is a pc133 im not understanding why it wont accept the 2 256 sticks i bought the from memory-up was told they were good if anyone could help that would be great

What you might want to do is type in the model of your laptop in google web search, followed by the word memory. The first site should tell you what type of memory, how many banks you have, and the maximum supported memory. Usually if you are using pc133, your laptop is kinda old, so it might not support a full 512 total. It could also be that, which some laptop manufacturers do, use only a CERTAIN TYPE of memory chip that is specific to their company. I will not name names.....TOSHIBA.... but you might want to try that and get back to us.

hi there i have 2 banks and supports pc100/133 even said on the board where u put the memory in but still wont go so maybe i will send it back and try the pc100 see if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back