HP Pavillion with dual core and Windows 7 trouble

I bought a refurb HP from Best Buy and after about a month I started having all kinds of lock up problems. When you turn it on, the blue screen comes on that shows the F10, F11, etc options. The Numbers Lock illuminates and stays lit. The screen usually is stuck at this point and no keys work. I turn the tower off, unplug, hold the power button until the light goes out, open the side panel, take out the button battery, and reset the three circuit cards. I then insert the button battery, plug it in and start tapping the F10 button and then turn the tower on. The blue screen comes on and then allows me to start up. This happens at least twice daily. Does this sound like a Windows 7 problem, hardware, .........?????? I would love to chuck this thing out the window but financially I need to be frugal. Any hep would be great. Dave

If you are able to...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

More frustration!

I can't seem to do anything with the minidump files. If I try to send them to a Zip folder, it tells me that I can't, they might be in use. This is why I hate computers. Once I Select All and right click, I try to send it to the Zip folder. I then get a message saying no file found or no read permission. What should I try now?

minidump files

Hope this is what you need and you can open it.

Attachments

• 100210-20623-01.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100210-25162-01.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
Your two error codes are as follows:

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many.

Both files cited the Windows OS driver csrss.sys as the cause of your system issues. However, OS drivers are generally not helpful in diagnosing the problem. They more so point out that there is one rather than clarifying what the cause is.

This file is actually a Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem ... This is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem (with Win32.sys being the kernel-mode portion). Csrss stands for client/server run-time subsystem and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and and/or deleting threads, and some parts of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment. The csrss.exe which is from Microsoft is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder.

* My best guess at this point is either a) the OS needs a repair or b) there are issues with the harddrive.

Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Burn it to a CD and place it in your CD/DVD drive and rebbot. It will take over seconds after intial boot. Run both short and long tests.

Back