Inactive I am not able to open any web browsers

I don't know much about virus removal. I have a laptop and it keeps getting hit with trojans. Every morning ill get on the computer to find that avg has stopped at least 2 trojans. Recently every time i go to browse the web my internet browser will open for a split second then close. Any idea as to why this is happening?

Welcome to TechSpot! I'll try to help but need to get something to work with.

If AVG has stopped Trojans, it's doing what it's suppose to do.

What browser are you using? What version is it? Does it give any message when it closes?
Are you having any other system problems that might be related to a malware infection?
What is the operating system? Do you have any System Restore points?

Have you tried>>
Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode with Networking option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Will the browser stay open from this mode? If it will, please do the following:

Follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.

If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Sorry i have been busy these last few days so i have been away from the computer. As of now nothing will open on my computer. No internet browsers no programs i cant install or uninstall. There isn't any error messages or anything they simply don't open. I tried running it in safe mode with networking i get the same problem nothing will open. Right now im on a friends computer. Im completely incapable of doing anything on my pc. Any help would be much appreciated.

yes the operating system actually loads and i am able to open system folders but im completely locked out of everything else. It wont allow me to make new user accounts as well.

i cant open any programs any web browsers i cannot install or uninstall programs i cannot create new user accounts i literally cant do anything to try and get rid of this virus.

Can go please try to be more descriptive:

1. What happens when you try to open a program.
2. What happens when you launch the browser.
3. Does is appear that the contents may be missing?

Try this:
Download Unhide.exe and save to the desktop.
  • Double-click on Unhide.exe icon to run the program.
  • This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives.
Let me know if this helps. This does not remove malware itself- only the attribute hiding the text.

You keep telling me what you can't do- but I need to know what is happening when you try. The rogue malware CAN prevent using programs, so I need something to work with.

Can go please try to be more descriptive:

1. What happens when you try to open a program.
2. What happens when you launch the browser.
3. Does is appear that the contents may be missing?

Try this:
Download Unhide.exe and save to the desktop.
  • Double-click on Unhide.exe icon to run the program.
  • This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives.
Let me know if this helps. This does not remove malware itself- only the attribute hiding the text.

You keep telling me what you can't do- but I need to know what is happening when you try. The rogue malware CAN prevent using programs, so I need something to work with.

When i try to open a program it does nothing ill open the task manager to see the processes. So say im trying to open firefox when i double click, it will show up in the process menu for a split second then disappear. Same thing happens with any program, i don't receive any error messages or anything they simply just wont open. For some reason the only thing i was able to run was superanti spyware and that was from a flash drive. I found two critical threats that said they were a task manager disabler. so i went into the registry and deleted those.

As for a browser... i cant launch the browser as i said before im using a friends computer the browser wont open. NOTHING WILL OPEN. Again there are no error messages no blue or black screens. The operating system starts up and normally in the beginning ill have programs like skype start up but ever since this started happening nothing starts up when i turn on my computer.

No content is missing everything is there. For some reason the computer also wont let me go into the control panel to install or uninstall programs. Ive heard that its possible to clean the computer up if you make a new user account but again im also not allowed to do that. Usually i can get rid of viruses easy but this one has me stumped.

i was able to run was superanti spyware and that was from a flash drive. I found two critical threats that said they were a task manager disabler. so i went into the registry and deleted those.

Post the SAS log please. When you ran this, did you check the line to remove what ti finds?
Please do not go into the registry and do anything else.

Do you understand that the scans can be downloaded to a flash drive then connected to the problem computer to run? Like you did with SAS.

Please answer my question: Can you
Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode with Networking option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

It isn't necessary to quote my reply.

Back