I can't get my computer screen to turn on, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, when I was on my computer it just randomly shut down on me.
No warning nothing.

when i tried to start it up again my computer turns on and the fans go on.
but my computer screen stays black.
the on button for the screen is flashing green meaning its on. i tried unconnecting and connecting the screen back to the computer...still nothing.

also, my keyboard doesnt light up, and my mouse (which is connected THROUGH the keyboard) turns half on (the wheel lights up, but the image doesnt light up). so i know there is electricity running through my keyboard.

can anyone explain/help me with this scenario? i've been trying at it for a couple of days now.
any sort of advise would be great (if you need any other info ill be more than welcome to provide anything to help you help me)

Sounds to me like some kind of hardware failure. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what, but I would be inclined to say some type of Motherboard problem. If the fans spin up & devices get partial power.

Are you handy and comfortable working inside a computer? If not you might see what a technician can do with it.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Hi jimmy

First try connecting your monitor to a different computer to make sure that it's not the device at fault. What were you doing when the computer shut down on you? If you have on-board graphics, you could try unplugging your video card to see if that's decided to quit on you.

I'm also inclined to thinking it's a motherboard issue - probably a power surge of some sort - but I might be wrong.

Let us know what you try.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back