I can't open any web browser except Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Thankies for clicking!

Okay so i just survived a recent virus attack (cleaned it up with Smitfraud!), but anyways, a day after that, somehow my "Automatic Updates" are turned off (it shows up with a balloon) everytime i restart my computer or even does that randomly. I also get a random pop up message like there was an error with "Tmp0.exe"

Anyways my major issue is, i can't start Firefox!!!! Or Opera. I've useed it for like 2 years!!! I've reinstalled it, i've even installed on a seperate external drive, NOTHIN! Not even Opera after i updated it! Please help!

Think i need to buy a trojan remover or something? EVen though im pretty sure ive scanned my computer many times with Uniblue "Spy Eraser" and deleted all infections. Please please please help!!!!!!

There's also a window that pops up by "Internet Explorer" saying "Close It" it's freaky, and when i try to close the window, or click OK, it just keeps poppin up over n over until i kill the "Iexplorer" process.

Any suggestions are thanked for!! Thankies again for readin! If you have any suggestions at all for ANY of these problems i give you a very deep thank you and hugs + kisses!! XOXOXOXO

I've restarted my computer, and checked firewall, nothin blockin it! Unless you give me an in depth of how, that might resolve it.

sounds like your still infected click on the red text in my sig and follow the guide then post the 3 logs here

hijakcthis
combofix
superantispyware

download ----- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware----------- SUPERantispyware------- from my sig make sure to install and update them then run a full scan in safe mode. To get into safe mode reboot your computer and start tapping the F8 key until you get a menu then select safe mode. please attach both logs here

Try this

Backup your regsitry
First, we need to backup your registry:
Please go to Start > Run
Paste in the following line:
  • regedit /e c:\registrybackup.reg
Click OK.
It won't appear to be doing anything, that's normal.
Your mouse pointer may turn to an hour glass for a minute.
Please continue when it no longer has the hour glass.

Making a .reg file
Open notepad and copy and paste the text in the quotebox below in it:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
"default"="%1" %*

Name the file as Fix.reg

Change the "Save As" type to "All Files" and save it on the desktop.

It should look like this:
reggif.jpg

Double-click on it and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click yes/ok.

restart the computer and see if it works

You don't need "Automatic Updates"
Use the link on the Start menu.when you feel like checking.
It's not been removed from your computer.When your there it can be automated.

zipperman said:
You don't need "Automatic Updates"
Use the link on the Start menu.when you feel like checking.
It's not been removed from your computer.When your there it can be automated.

I am sorry but I have to ask what is with the dumb remarks? You are always rude to the people asking for help and never close to what is happening? Sorry for posting this where help is being needed

It's not dumb

xxdanielxx said:
I am sorry but I have to ask what is with the dumb remarks? You are always rude to the people asking for help and never close to what is happening? Sorry for posting this where help is being needed
"Automatic Updates" are turned off (it shows up with a balloon)

Isn't Auto Update 1 of your problems ?
I answered that.

Isn't choosing browser mean you can't connect to the internet ?
I answered that.Heres another sollution to that.
Sorry but I don't get my PC messed up like yours so thats the best on
can do on problems stated that I'm familiar with fixing.
Your commenting to someone who never has these problems and am
trying to explain why to what I can.

Attachments

• choose browser.jpg
    choose browser.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 5
i am having a similar problem my internet works however anything that uses my internet won't work. internet explorer, Firefox, and aim none of those work i have been getting an error saying that all of them timeout i have restarted my comp repaired the internet did virus scan using macafee and checked firewall none of those helped at all problem has been going on for 2 or 3 days now!!!!!!!! need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back