I can't open my partitons using double click or explore

There is a great problem with my computer, i've got 5 partitions on my computer.but i can only open 2 of them using double click . Even if i explore them it wont open. that gives error message, "hsyo.exe has encountered a problem and need to close". i reinstall windows xp but it diidnt work. i cant give full format to the hard disk since it has some important data.

Can anybody give me a solution.

you need your Install CD, login as Admin and get a command prompt;
enter SFC /SCANNOW {a space after the C & before the /}

gives error message, "hsyo.exe has encountered a problem and need to close".
i reinstall windows xp but it diidnt work

1) The error message you state leaves me inclined to worry about malware
2) When you did a "reinstall" did you actually do a REPAIR install?

In any case, to rescue your data See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]. Boot into Knoppix then you can copy your personal files/folders to assure its safe and then tackle the problem itself.

definitely a malware, try type X:\autorun.inf (X is ur driver letter) , see it that opens, if that does then it definitely is a malware...u cant delete the autorun.inf and the executable file it points to , but they will soon come back to get a good antivirus ...

How come u got 5 partitions in single HDD? 4 partition is the max per HDD.

4 max PRIMARY partitions, i think there is not limit on the number of logical drives in an extended partition

As I know there is no limitations for the partitioning. You can create any number of partitions if space available in ur HDD.

The limitation is as Punkid pointed out...

There are System partitons vs. Logical partitons
> You can only boot from System partitions
> You can keep data in either partition type
> The limitation is on System Partitons. You can only have 4 System partitions
> You can have any number of (System + Logical) partitions

Back