I denied access to explorer.exe, how do I allow it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the message popped up saying a programme needed my permission to continue (explorer.exe) i pressed the deny by mistake, now i can only access the internet if i right click and and then click on run as administrator. anything i try to access now comes up with access denied, it says to go to system control and change the permission, but this is the only one that it won't let me do this to (the area is grayed and i can't change it from deny to allow). How do i go back to allow this?when i double click to access something i get a pop up saying windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

It sounds like you're using a third party firewall. explorer.exe wouldn't normally need to ask permission unless you had already restricted it or unless it is malware.

Note: The explorer.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows. In other cases, explorer.exe is a virus, spyware, Trojan or worm!
Virus with same name:
W32.MyDoom.B - Symantec Corporation
and other...

Boot into Safe Mode
* Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
* Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Right click on Start>Explore> Windows> scroll down on the right side screen and right click on explorer.exe> Propertied> make sure it's identified as 'Windows Explorer.'

If ID is OK, open Programs section of the firewall and reset access for explorer.exe.

NOTE: Sometimes a user will refer to Internet Explorer as 'Explorer'> that is incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back