I have a keylogger running in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I recently downloaded something...but I forgot what it was and it turned out to be a virus or something of the sort.
Anyway, today I tried to download something and I noticed that it was extremely slow. I got a simple monitoring program and noticed that my download speed was way down, but my uploading was ridiculously high.

Im assuming thats its recording keystrokes and taking pictures...and I also logged into some important things recently.

How can I view the source of this problem and fix it? (software or the likes)
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You can post a HiJack This (HJT) log if you can't get rid of it with regular Anti-Virus or Spyware removal software. I would temporarily disconnect the infected system from the internet to prevent the problem from getting worse. Google HJT log for more information or have a look in the "Virus & Malware Removal" forum. Good luck.

Hi,

So, today I tried to download something and I noticed that it was extremely slow. I got a simple monitoring program and noticed that my download speed was way down, but my uploading was ridiculously high.

I recently downloaded the myspyer.com demo (gf problems so dont judge), but it turned out to have installed a keylogger on my computer without me knowing.

Im assuming thats its recording keystrokes and taking pictures...and I also logged into some important things recently.

How can I view the source of this problem and fix it? (software or the likes)
Any help is appreciated.
(I used HJT and didnt notice anything from what I can understand)
Would there be a way to see where the information is going?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

my bad - i was just getting really frustrated and needed a quick solution - wont happen again, i promise

anyway I just reverted to a restore point and everything is fine now.

For future references - anyone else reading this;
dont use myspyer.com (myspace hacking tool - problems with the gf, so dont judge)
it downloads a keylogger and takes away from your download speed

google in free meter and look for the sourceforge download - it downloads in 2 seconds and tells you whats going on with your upload/downlad

p.s. anitviurs/antispyware wont pick these things up

bobocheez I would highly likely suspect you stil have malware installed
System Restore is usually the first place that is infected with Malware, and for that reason should never be used as a remedy under malware infection

You are best to continue the 8-step guide posted above

Edit:

Note I have merged the threads seeming you replied on the wrong one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back