I have no audio device installed error

I have gotten a no audio device installed on my Windows Vista. I checked to see no problems but maybe a problem in the driver. I checked the device manager to find it gone. And I tried to system restore to a previous point but unable for it to work. I was told that I may need to system restore all the way back to when I got it, but my DVD drive doesn't work. I checked the device manager to find it gone aswell, and when I buy a new one it doesn't work either. I am using a Hp Home premium Laptop, and I have gotten these problems for a few days. If there is any other details that need to be included please tell me, because I want to fix this before I have to resort to using the support from microsoft or from HP.

All those problems just noticed in last few days (no sound, no DVD, system restore doesn't work?) as that also makes wonder if you have malware...

Is the DVD drive detected in BIOS (you should see the DVD drive appear in BIOS if it's detected)

Also List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re on a 32bit computer, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

/* edit */
Does Device Manager show any devices with yellow icons?

There was no file in the dxdiag and it also said nothing on disk drives or had any drive other then the hard drive in My Computer. I want to Restore if needed to fix the problems if it does, but I would need a CD, but the DVD Drive is not working to let me use it.

Back