I have the netwarez.net thing too, look at a log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, So, I have the same search engine redirect issue. I saw that in some older threads a lot of people had success with hijackthis. It says there that there are going to be a lot of good files mixed in with the nasty ones and I should ask someone knowledgeable to look at the log. So, I'm here, asking.

What do I do next? Thanks in advance.

It doesn't help all that much
HJT logs show support what's running (which obviously is ideal) but running the guide in full (ie Malware removal) is the wisest approach, as there are many Malwares that the HJT log on its own may not show. Not only that, but HJT is not a Malware removal program

Best for you to run the guide in full By the way, read the guide slowly, many members miss things, sadly

I can say one thing though. Consider removing your AVG8 Antivirus software (I would strongly suggest that you remove this - very strongly)
Avira Antivirus (in the guide) is way better, and will help you a great deal more

OK... I'll go back through it and take your suggestion in the Avira text removed. This is going to take me some time. I have a crazy head cold that is slowing my brain down. Any idea what this netwarez malware is doing in the meantime?

OK, while I was in thermaflu induced stupor my boyfriend was nice enough to go through all 8 steps, installed Avira, etc and everything seems to be clear. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back