I knocked my computer with foot, it turned off now won't boot up

shadaboot27

[FONT=verdana]I very genitally knocked the side of my computer tower with my foot then the computer shut down, this has happened before and normally I can just turn the computer back on but this time the power light comes on, the fan comes on then the computer beeps 6 times and the screen just stays black.

It's a Dell Dimension E520
Windows XP
32 Bit

Can anyone help please?
[/FONT]

Yes I just cleaned all the dust out from the inside, removed the ram and graphics card and put them back in now the computer starts up and sounds like its running normally but the screen is still black and I cant hear windows booting up or anything.

The hard drive data may have been corrupted because of the gentle shock to the case while it was running. What is the make and model of this computer?

The hard drive data may have been corrupted because of the gentle shock to the case while it was running. What is the make and model of this computer?

It's a Dell Dimension E520, I took the hard drive out and put it into a different computer and it seems to be working fine.

[FONT=verdana]I don't know if this will help at all but here are a couple of pics of the inside when it's turned on. There are 2 orange lights on, I dunno if that's normal or not?

[/FONT]

Okay, how old is this computer? Are the 3 LEDs all green?

the computer is from 2005. The 3 lights are amber. Also I took the heatsink cover off to remove all the dust and the heatsink came off, I can't be 100% sure if this was already detatched or if I pulled it off when removing the cover. Ive been advised to not turn the computer on again untill I replace the thermal paste.

Yes, do not turn on the computer with the CPU heat sink off! Clean of the old paste and apply a small amount of new paste. 2005... the motherboard may be toast

Back