I need help computer won't boot up

Okay so this is my first post about my computer I have done so I'm not sure what i need to tell you guys other then the simple facts that i know what is going on with my computer so ill give it a shot so please work with me guys / girls =/

So i just got a new video card that is from ASUS it is a ENGTX460 DirectCU well i got it hooked up because my last video card went out and everything seemed okay i got the new drivers i needed and about a hour to two hours later i shut down my computer to see if my sound card went bad i plug it in and try and turn on my computer and nothing happens... so i took the sound card out with all power off and tried to turn it on and nothing happens... my mother board is a AI life style (not sure if this a good mother board for gaming) but I'm also not sure if it is the reason my computer is not turning on the back port lights where you hook the either net cord in are on and the front green light on the mother board is on.

Please help me figure this out guys / girls im depending on your advice and skills to get me out of this problem so please hit this forum up as soon as possible.

Thank you very much
Josh.

a few things come to mind josh.
did you get the comp working with the new card? it looks like you might have, but the wording is a little confusing. if you didnt, pull the new card and try the onboard video.

the next easy thing to check is your power supply. the geforce 460s pull more power than zeus in a lightning storm with his toga around his ankles and sandles on his head during the bloodening before a marriage boxing arson, if you know what im saying ;)

so check if your PSU can handle it. go to
http://c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntel...ons.newegg.com/productfinders/powersupply.jpg
and put in your specs to see how much you need, then compare it to what you have. if you are way over the required amount, you may have damaged your PSU

Back