I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontKnoWhatToDo

I'm not sure what to do so I pretty much would like anyone to help im not really good with finding stuff but I need a video card/driver thing because my screen resolution wont change, can't play Steam games, and etc, and I just reformatted and im sure thats the problem, and here hope attacthment helps you help me... I would appreciate it, Thanks!

Also I forgot to say, all the other tabs in the cpu-z thing were blank.., even the graphics so I dont think I even have a graphics driver/video card

Attachments

• 2413251251254.JPG
    2413251251254.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 13
if your VGA port is built-in, google for the driver using your PC's brand + model. Do the same if your using add on type VidCard.

if your VGA port is built-in, google for the driver using your PC's brand + model. Do the same if your using add on type VidCard.

I would suggest something to you destiny; try giving them a solution; instead of turning them around and make them go in circles; regards.

what i posted is not for you archean, it's up to him if he'll do my recomm. is his problem solved by your recomm? if so, congratz!

I've downloaded the radeon thing archeon told me to do i just woke up (10am -8gmt) so its almost done

Edit: when i unzip it, an error pops up and says end of archive

Ouch ....... was it downloaded correctly?

Because I just downloaded it; and it opens perfectly well.

Hewlett Packard will probably have their own proprietry chipset driver. If the ATI generic driver won't load then visit this page and either use this driver IF the system requirements are the same as yours. If not, then type in the model of your system into the "Product" search bar at the top of the page.

i do believe it was downloaded correctly since it onlu took about 15 minutes and i didn't stop it at all and i am downloading the link Dividebyzero hopefully it works. if it doesn't i guess ill just sell my steam account or something

Edit: When i installed that and reinstalled it said i either dont have an ATI driver installed or it isn't working properly, And ideas or other driver/video card downloads or whatever to fix it?

Can you post a picture of Graphics tab of CPU-Z just like the others you did above? just to doubly make sure we are sending you to the right link.

DontKnoWhatToDo said.....
Edit: When i installed that and reinstalled it said i either dont have an ATI driver installed or it isn't working properly, And ideas or other driver/video card downloads or whatever to fix it?

Do you mean its saying you don't have any ATI Graphics Card installed or something like that?

Strange.

Well we then first need to identify your graphics. As i asked above can you post CPUZ's graphic tab's picture or tell us what it is saying?

Check your messages please. As you are unable to get the file somehow; right now this seems a reasonable idea to try out.

Let's try a different approach

1) Identify the exact make/model of your HP computer

2) See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

3) Generate a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

LookinAround: I gave him a URL to download that driver but for some reasons he is unable to get the driver which I believe should work for him.

DontKnoWhatToDo:
I have downloaded the driver; but somehow we have not been able manage time in which it can be transferred; anyway I'm leaving my messenger on for now, in case you get online message me; and I will send you the driver.

Edit:
Also check this guru3d download page; it has several ATI Drivers listed and I think any driver below version 8 should do it for you. However, I would recommend to try these; these are moded drivers; I have used moded drivers from NGO/Omega and found them to be stable/and good (for ATI & nVidia Cards).

Also LA any comments/additions are welcome thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back