I/O error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryongliph

Hey, i've been trying to format my hard drive with Acronis Disk director suite and partition magic from a Hiren's boot cd but they all say I/O error or that failed to write to certain sectors. i've tried changing the MBR to standard IPL but still nothing. does anyone have an idea as to what i should do?

delete the partition and then redefine it -- this will force a reformat

Yeah, i did that and still. I completely deleted the MBR and then tried creating a new partition and still. Right now i'm running super Fdisk to try and format it. it's been up for 3 hrs straight and its only at 2 percent detecting bad sectors whiles formatting it to FAT32.

Lol, my thought for the past few days except the other hard disk is not being detected by the board, it doesn't even spin to begin with. Go on, say it, i've been cursed by the hardware fairy

Probably a dumb questions since you sound like you know what you are doing but have you tried removing the hard drive and setting up Windows on the secondary drive? Are both drives installed at the same time in that system?

My dear friend, no question in our world is dumb. No they are both not installed. I'm running the one that seems to work right now. The secondary drive isn't working i.E. There's no power going into the disk. I surmise the drive's power board is messed up so its not powering the drive, but for the sale of good fortune i'll try your idea, heal right now i'll try anything. Thanks

Update: i'm running a linux kernel called Darik's Boot and Nuke. it's done 5 minutes of work. EVERYBODY hold your breadth. all my life's work is gone boo hoo hoo. i'm hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back