I really doubt anyone can help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I have literally exhausted everything. I've spent days, yes days...searching for topics and problems that seem to be like mine, each time I think I might have it, the crashing keeps occurring. So I figure why not describe it myself and see if any genius out there can fix it.

So the problem occurs when playing high-end games, and it happens at random. My screen will go very distorted and unviewable with strange rapidly moving multi-colored..things (Yeah its hard to explain..) and then it freezes and either resets itself, or I have to reset it. Sometimes, I get a very very brief blue screen, other times I dont. It says it the video driver apparently. And yes, I've obviously updated to the most recent drivers blah blah blah, in fact I've done it like 20 times.

So, heres to praying!

My specs:
Intel(R) Core 2 Duo CPU...E6550 @ 2.33GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
NVIDIA GeFore 8600 GTS

Thats all for now, let me know whatever else you guys might need.
Thanks in advance.

I believe I've done that before. You mean completely uninstalling my drivers..running that in safemode and reinstalling? Well I have done that, still nothing.

Not just uninstalling in safe mode. That just uninstall the current driver. Use the tool i mentioned as it also checks to assure no older/prior driver versions or remnants of old video drivers are still on your computer before you do your next reinstall attempt

Well I wont say I'm a computer techie..so I wanna make sure I do it right. Could you tell me exactly how you would uninstall the driver(s), and then where to get the newest ones to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back