Processor ~ Intel i5-12600KF
Motherboard ~ ASUS B660 - PLUS
Memory ~ RipJaws 16GB (2x16) DDR4-3600
Storage ~ SK Hynix Gold 4TB (2x2) SSD
GPU ~ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Cooler ~ Noctua NH-U12S
Power Supply ~ EVGA 850W Gold
Overclocking ~ None

This build was centered around an LTT $1000 gaming PC build. Obviously, I made a few changes, but I used their video to streamline the building process.
As of now, I get random game crashes, Windows crashes, browser crashes, and corrupted files.

*No, I do not use this PC for anything besides Gaming. I barely use the internet browser
*No, I do not use a virtual machine
*No, I did not screw up the CPU pins
*No, I did not melt, soak, squish, burn, or crack the Motherboard
*No, the PC is not overheating (FurMark GPU max temp. 76C)
*No, the PC did not fail "FurMark" or "Heaven Benchmark"
*No, I cannot update Windows 11 (The update freezes and fails, and sometimes crashes)
*No, I cannot uninstall updates as the PC will crash
*Yes, the GPU is plugged and clicked in properly
*Yes, I pulled the Motherboard battery at a point
*Yes, I am not stressing the PC very hard
*Yes, COD will sometimes crash to a black screen and leave odd-colored pixels in spots
*Yes, Windows Memory Diag. tool found "Memory Problems"
*Yes, Games from Steam and Epic will sometimes download and be "corrupted"
*Yes, Sometimes internet browsers will crash
*Yes, When updating drivers, the PC will crash (Sometimes)
*Yes, Win. 11 has gone into Recovery Mode multiple times
*Yes, Resetting the PC doesn't work, or just crashes it
*Yes, I tried re-installing and updating Win. 10 and 11 multiple times
*Yes, I updated the Drivers multiple times
*Yes, I have used "Comm. Prompt" quick fixes like SFC scans (Sometimes they are "successful" and sometimes "fail")

While writing this, Windows 11's bottom taskbar went dark blue and crashed the PC

HELP ME
I AM ABOUT TO SELL THIS PC AT A LOSS AND BUILD A NEW ONE FROM SCRATCH.

I think you found your problem> RAM

Try setting the RAM to run at the default speed of 2133MHz (just for testing purposes). You could also use Passmark's Memtest (you need to make a bootable USB drive). Ideally, you want to run 4 passes of the test. If you have to, run the test with one stick of RAM to determine which one is defective.

If you can get the RAM to test good at any point, then you can start to increase the speed beyond 2133MHz.

I think you found your problem> RAM

Try setting the RAM to run at the default speed of 2133MHz (just for testing purposes). You could also use Passmark's Memtest (you need to make a bootable USB drive). Ideally, you want to run 4 passes of the test. If you have to, run the test with one stick of RAM to determine which one is defective.

If you can get the RAM to test good at any point, then you can start to increase the speed beyond 2133MHz.
I ran Passmark on my RAM and found an 8GB stick to be faulty. Within 30sec. of the first test, Passmark found 2000+ errors.

I am currently reinstalling windows and all other applications.
I have also purchased a new RAM set, as I do not want to "mix and mash" RAM.
Once completed, I will give an update.

Awesome. If you like, you can rerun the test with one stick at a time to see if you can isolate which one it is. Once you know that you can remove the bad stick and at least use your machine while you wait for the new kit. Don't forget about trying the RAM at slower speeds. That could be an option too.

I ran Passmark on my RAM and found an 8GB stick to be faulty. Within 30sec. of the first test, Passmark found 2000+ errors.

I am currently reinstalling windows and all other applications.
I have also purchased a new RAM set, as I do not want to "mix and mash" RAM.
Once completed, I will give an update.
This did the trick.
Thanks Kshipper
:)

Back