I want to connect internet on both PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to connect internet on both PCs now tell me what i do but 1st i tell you what the thing i have

**** i have 2 PCs

**** 1 PC have 2 lan cards 1 is bulletin and the other one is ethernet lan card

**** 2nd PC 1 lan card which is bulletin also

**** 3rd i have a switch with 6 ports

now tell me how i can connect internet on boths PCs how is it possible

Best if you connect the switch to a router. You are missing the one final, vital, component.

i told you i have the switch 6 port now tell me how i can connect it and pls tell me in step by step or tutorial like and i very thanksful to you repling me

In my book, a switch is not a router.
What are you using to connect to your IP?
Alternately, what is the brand and model of your "switch"

sorry but i think you not understand what i m sayin so dude pls tell me how i can connect NET on boths pcs with the help of switch i mean that

I don't think you can with an attitude like that.
You are missing a component.
With the switch connected to an IP, by whatever means, you then use CAT5 of CAT6 cables plugged into the switch and the network ports on your computers.

If you are merely trying to connect the two computers, and not to the internet, all the information you need is in Windows at My Network Places. They have a good system for explaining a good two or three computer network in adequate detail.

cross connection (2 ornage , 2 brown , 2green , 1 blue , 1white ) and its come out from the switch

and i tell you 1 thing also i got some restriction from my cable operator with user name and password login i can't used net and that account if its in 2 PCs i can't access the internet mean 1 time 1 account access the net and i have workgroup ISA also i give the image link you may better understand

i have router also not but connecting becozz from the cable operator i got some restriction like

**** 1account only access a net 1 time only for that restriction i can't access internet on both PCs at 1 time and my cable operator have ISA server

this is the correct way to achieve what you want:
Code:
modem---router---systems
you can insert your switch if you desire like:
Code:
modem--router--switch--your systems
The KEY reason for the router is it has NAT and DHCP services that a switch does not.
Without NAT+DHCP, your switch would only cause DUPLICATE IP ADDRESSES
and all systems would fail.

Now you've been told and get to make the final decision as to how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back