IBM Thinkpad Monitor goes blank after a few miniutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an IBM Thinkpad T43p with an ATI Mobility FireGL V3200 video card, running XP Sp2. For the past couple of weeks the screen goes blank (Black) after several minutes. I can use the Fn-F7 to toggle the monitor between LCD and external monitor (which is not attached) and back to LCD and the LCD works again!, alas only for several more moments and then it goes blank again and I have to re-toggle. I can connect across the LAN using VNC and can see windows (as one would expect).

I have gone to the IBM site and downloaded all drivers and reinstalled to no avail. I have also checked the Monitor connections, but there is no obvious loose connection. I have also run a in-depth virus analysis (using ESET NOD) and an Adaware sweep, again with no positive result. I have also gone into MSCONFIG, disabled as much as I can and I have also rolled back using System Restore to a time before the issue presented.

Nothing that I have done to date has made the slightest difference.

I am trying to avoid reinstalling the OS as there is a lot of software which I would find hard to reinstall, if anybody has any ideas or suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back