Solved IC8D1A13...infection

randy

Hi,

I am in a mess. I have this virus, its in the middle of my screen ,I have another 11 windows in the bar at the bottom of my screen. I did read the rules and also downloaded MBAM.. however I cant seem to get it to open/run..

I need help big time.

randy

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.
Complete as many steps as you can.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

ok I downloaded program again and cannot get it to run...I dont get the option to save to my desktop , so I have to search it and try and open from the results. it will not open and before I throw the laptop away. I am going to get some sleep and try again tomorrow after work..thnx Broni

I am in bad....I cannot get Gmer or DDs to open or run. funny thing when I download it wont give me the ...save to desktop option. I have to use the search tool to find it. then try from there. but after trying to open..it freezes??

Let's see, if we can look at your computer booting from an external source.

Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)

• When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    • Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked Do you wish to load the remote registry, select Yes
  • When asked Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning, select Yes
  • Ensure the box Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
  • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

Got the icon on my desktop..click on it and I get the hourglass forever..I have guests coming over and will be busy for a while. Thnx

I down loaded the program as advised. I used the search tool to find it once completed the download. I had to drag and drop it on my desktop. I then clicked on the icon I dropped onto my desktop.all I get is the hourglass. I right clicked on it and tried "run" and "open" nothing works.

You must use another good working computer to create that CD and boot BAD computer from it.

ok..well that means waiting till monday.....thanks Broni...have a good weekend I will try and play around but...

I went to the local library and tried downloading the reboot program and the security would not let me. I am afraid my work computer will be the same on Monday. I did copy mbam and tje other one I have ot on a cd but cannot find the five now. I look in my computer and see C: & D: drve only no cd drive or E: or whatever its called.. can you PC anywhere it and have a look?

We don't do remote access here.

Maybe some friend with a laptop can come to your place?

Back