If I upgrade my current laptop, how long will it last?

My laptop is i5. 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM. I am thinking about upgrading it with 1 TB SSD and 8 GB extra RAM. If I do that how long will this laptop last? The cost of this upgrade will be ~150$ in nepal. Will it be worth upgrading? Yes or no? Please guide a bit.

Say I need my laptop for programming web development stuffs, android development stuffs.

You should Google your CPU so you know how old it is. Once you know that then you can easily figure out if it is worth upgrading. An I5 CPU is good for the first 5 years of its life and then the next 5 years is about the max useful life you can get before it starts to feel too slow to use on a modern OS.

Gen 7 means it is 5 years old so you have another 5 years with it. The declining years for sure but the SSD is going to make things feel a lot snappier. I think the $150 is worth it for a 1TB SSD. Enjoy =)

Gen 7 means it is 5 years old so you have another 5 years with it. The declining years for sure but the SSD is going to make things feel a lot snappier. I think the $150 is worth it for a 1TB SSD. Enjoy =)
1 TB SSD is I think too much...I will get 512 GB SSD with 1 TB Hard disk. and 8 GB extra RAM.

First verify that the laptop is upgradeable. Back in the day laptops were very upgradeable now a days they like to solder everything to the Mobo.

Back