I'm looking for a good video capture card

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

Basically, I've tried my luck at 3 different video solutions:

Pinnacle 700 USB Plus with Studio 10 (not horrible, not good, external)
Hauppauge WinTV card (slightly better becuase internal, still not good)
Sony LocationFree BaseStation (NOT good at ALL, no capturing methods built in, used screen recording program)

I want something that can capture from a component source. I'm recording footage from my Xbox 360 to do machinima's and the like and I want really good quality. Price at this point isn't an issue, I just need a list to choose from. I've tried googling this but I can't find anything useful. Can someone just help me out please?

Thank you!

Bump. It takes 5 minutes to write up a list of what you know, so please help me out. I've done my research, but I want more opinions.

I've heard of that one, one of my friends has it, and it's quite good, but only has composite inputs, I'm looking for one with component inputs, the red, green, and blue video, then red and white for audio, so I can record 720p. I'll keep that one in mind though becuase the quality is amazing.

I am REALLY liking the look of that pagasus from canopus. That could be exactly what I need, I don't have anything with HDMI output (yet) so all I need is the component part of it. If I could get a price for that that would be great. I looked on ebay and found nothing, and newegg has nothing, nor tigerdirect. IF anyone here could maybe find a price that would be great, even better if you could find a place I could buy it...well...I'd give you a cookie, or two.

Thank you.

It's far from a hug, but I'm not your mother.

HaLo2FrEeEk said:
I am REALLY liking the look of that pagasus from canopus. That could be exactly what I need, I don't have anything with HDMI output (yet) so all I need is the component part of it. If I could get a price for that that would be great. I looked on ebay and found nothing, and newegg has nothing, nor tigerdirect. IF anyone here could maybe find a price that would be great, even better if you could find a place I could buy it...well...I'd give you a cookie, or two.

Thank you.
Then you need to click on the "buy it" button on the link I already gave you.
Canopus says It's not available at dealers in the USA yet. So, good luck dickering about price on that one.

I just bought a pound of cookies, so you can "bump" off, so to speak. sorry.

I was trying to be nice and ask nicely in a way that made it not sound like I was trying to be bossy or lazy...and was joking about the cookie remark, there was really no need to be rude or sarcastic about it because I wasn't trying to be offensive. I looked on the page and couldn't see a buy it button, maybe I didn't look hard enough. All it would have taken is to tell me there was such a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back